For this installment of “20 Questions and a Selfie,” we catch up with a young, new author on the scene, Kieran Jamie Lee.
Kieran is known for his large social media presence with more than $43,000 Twitter followers. In fact, he credits social media with saving his life. Kieran’s first book, Igloos in the Summer: Find the truth inside the world of self-harm, depression, isolation, bullying and self esteem, was self-published in September 2014.
You can connect with Kieran on Twitter @littlehashtag and on his website, www.igloosinthesummer.com.
Our 20 questions with Kieran start now:
1) What is your full name (middle name optional)?
Kieran Jamie Lee Chapman
2) What is your professional job title?
Author / Social Media Addict
3) Describe your organization.
My full name is Kieran Jamie Lee Chapman, I was born ten full days after the New Year bells struck twelve in 1995.
4) Describe your surroundings right now.
It’s a very festive surrounding! My white Christmas tree to the left of me and of course, my bed under my bum!
5) What was your first paid writing gig?
Igloos in the Summer! It’s my first and only novel …. So far ;)
6) What was the last thing you wrote?
Again, Igloos in the Summer – The life of Vanessa Pools and Rupert Dingle. But is it love or is it a diversion?
7) What is the next thing you plan to write?
I am currently writing a novel as we speak! A novel with no name but it is getting there! 6,000 words in fact.
8) Finish this sentence: The ideal way to start my day is …
The ideal start that never seems to happen, that sentence? Well, if so it would have to be the traditional coffee / tea calling!
9) Besides your computer, what is sitting on your desk right now?
Well, my desk has my Christmas tree on it! My computer does not even have the space to parch it’s hard-drive onto it.
10) So-called writer’s block is no match for you! What is your antidote?
I don’t think I can say what my ‘antidote’ is, let’s just says it’s not for anyone under 16, it also has twelve letters, not three.
11) Finish this sentence: I hate it when I read …
wrongly accused media with one side, do you really have the right to publish a single sided story with no diversion of the human mind?
12) What are the most important tools, programs and systems you use for your work?
Microsoft Word is all a person needs! Well, Twitter is a must too.
13) First book that comes to mind? Go!
Wonder by R.J. Palacio (I only just finished reading it the other day)
14) What are your favorite smartphone apps and why?
Oh, this is way too easy, Twitter of course! Twitter is literally my dirty little secret
15) What have you always wanted to write?
Hmm, that’s a good question. The book I am writing now has been lay in my mind since I started Igloos in the Summer.
16) What is your advice for aspiring professional writers?
I would not say I am a ‘Professional Writer’ but from my view, don’t over rush things, don’t panic and don’t give up!
17) First famous writer who comes to mind? Go!
John Green (Yes I know, it’s ‘mainstream’ but who cares?)
18) Finish this sentence: My favorite thing about being a writer is …
allowing the mind to sink down deep into the soul of your own body.
19) Pencil versus pen—who wins and why?
Pen. I could never draw, the pencil is the Devil in my opinion.
20) Finish this sentence: One word or phrase people will never read in my writing is …
Life is not about negativity of people; life is about the goodwill of others, the positive aspects the desired dreams.
Would you like to be featured in our “20 Questions and a Selfie” interview? If you’re a working, professional writer, we’d love to interview you. Click here to do your “20 Questions and a Selfie” now.
I want more stuff like this in my inbox.
An occasional email for writers, by writers, about writing.No Fields Found.
Latest posts by Our Staff (see all)
- Masterful Writing Advice from Stephen King (Infographic) - October 12, 2016
- 5 Keys to Crafting an Elevator Pitch - September 28, 2016
- Tips on Writing Better Villains (Video) - September 14, 2016