For this installment of “20 Questions and a Selfie,” we catch up with Diane Knaus, publisher photojournalist and freelancer.
A self-described “liberal feminist who loves life and values the past, yet looks forward,” Diane is an author and creative professional who provides photography, web design, public speaking and copywriting services.
Our 20 questions with Diane start now:
1) What is your full name?
2) What is your professional job title?
Publisher, Photojournalist, Freelancer
3) Describe your organization.
It is one person, me.
4) Describe your surroundings right now.
Desk in my room complete with computer, printer, scanner, couple of lamps, several pictures on my paper-cluttered desk.
5) What was your first paid writing gig?
For an article in the Catholic Review newspaper in Baltimore, MD.
6) What was the last thing you wrote?
A political piece bolstering Hillary Clinton on my website www.911info.net
7) What is the next thing you plan to write?
Children’s book about animals in a zoo.
8) Finish this sentence: The ideal way to start my day is …
With a cup of coffee, checking the news after meditating and a few exercises.
9) Besides your computer, what is sitting on your desk right now?
Two photographs of my grandchildren, lamp, scattered lists and papers, empty coffee cup, glass of water, cell phone, and photographs.
10) So-called writer’s block is no match for you! What is your antidote?
Going for a walk outside, doing nothing for a whole day to refocus.
11) Finish this sentence: I hate it when I read …
Nasty political goings on. That makes me angry that they can’t just get along, Why? Because they are supposed to be smart people!
12) What are the most important tools, programs and systems you use for your work?
Neo Office word processing, Hemingway editor, Photoshop
13) First book that comes to mind? Go!
14) What are your favorite Internet/mobile apps and why?
Google, Wikipedia, search engines
15) What have you always wanted to write?
A fictional biography novel about a woman becoming president when her president husband dies.
16) What is your advice for aspiring professional writers?
Keep at it and read everything you can get your hands on everyday.
17) First famous writer who comes to mind? Go!
Hemingway although sometimes I don’t like his subjects in writings.
18) Finish this sentence: My favorite thing about being a writer is …
Getting paid to do so.
19) Pencil versus pen—who wins and why?
Pens, because the ink doesn’t fade as much as old pencil writings do.
20) Finish this sentence: One word or phrase people will never read in my writing is …
Would you like to be featured in our “20 Questions and a Selfie” interview? If you’re a published writer, we’d love to interview you. Click here to do your “20 Questions and a Selfie” now.
I want more stuff like this in my inbox.
An occasional email for writers, by writers, about writing.No Fields Found.
Latest posts by Our Staff (see all)
- Masterful Writing Advice from Stephen King (Infographic) - October 12, 2016
- 5 Keys to Crafting an Elevator Pitch - September 28, 2016
- Tips on Writing Better Villains (Video) - September 14, 2016