For this installment of “20 Questions and a Selfie,” we catch up with Ron Foster, southern author and disaster prepper.
A certified expert on self-sufficiency and disaster preparedness, Ron is a prolific author of fiction and nonfiction works about how to survive, even thrive, in a post-apocalyptic world. His books will open your eyes to survival techniques and scenarios ranging from sharecropping to what to do after a catastrophic electromagnetic pulse event.
Suffice it to say, when the shit hits the fan, you’d be lucky to know Ron—or at least have a few of his books on hand.
Our 20 questions with Ron start now:
1) What is your full name (middle name optional)?
2) What is your professional job title?
Southern Prepper Fiction Author
3) Describe your organization.
4) Describe your surroundings right now.
A dining room table at prepper shack
5) What was your first paid writing gig?
6) What was the last thing you wrote?
7) What is the next thing you plan to write?
Next in the series, Clems Contrivance
8) Finish this sentence: The ideal way to start my day is …
Grab some coffee and remember who I met at the bar the other night who might be a good character for one of my books
9) Besides your computer, what is sitting on your desk right now?
an adult beverage
10) So-called writer’s block is no match for you! What is your antidote?
Drinking with imaginary people
11) Finish this sentence: I hate it when I read …
get an editor, I say learn to read Southern stream of thought
12) What are the most important tools, programs and systems you use for your work?
My life and Microsoft Word
13) First book that comes to mind? Go!
14) What are your favorite smartphone apps and why?
I just need internet access, I have too many trees on property to get satellite
15) What have you always wanted to write?
This will be my last book
16) What is your advice for aspiring professional writers?
Being an author is like having homework every day for the rest of your life
17) First famous writer who comes to mind? Go!
18) Finish this sentence: My favorite thing about being a writer is …
the hours, it’s pretty much whenever
19) Pencil versus pen—who wins and why?
pen, pencil doesn’t hold up to sweat and water
20) Finish this sentence: One word or phrase people will never read in my writing is …
I shot him
Would you like to be featured in our “20 Questions and a Selfie” interview? If you’re a published writer, we’d love to interview you. Click here to do your “20 Questions and a Selfie” now.
I want more stuff like this in my inbox.
An occasional email for writers, by writers, about writing.
Latest posts by Our Staff (see all)
- Masterful Writing Advice from Stephen King (Infographic) - October 12, 2016
- 5 Keys to Crafting an Elevator Pitch - September 28, 2016
- Tips on Writing Better Villains (Video) - September 14, 2016