For this installment of “20 Questions and a Selfie,” we catch up with Susie Klein, professional blogger and recovering church lady.
Yes, Susie was once a furrowed-browed, finger-wagging church lady: “judgmental, strict and humorless. Her world is small and her view is extra narrow, believing that it is her job to point out sin in those around her. …
“But I let a smile cover my fear of not being good enough. …
“God is pleased with me today, now, in all my ordinariness and goofiness!”
You can connect with Susie on Twitter @susieklein55 and on her blog, www.recoveringchurchlady.com.
Our 20 questions with Susie start now:
1) What is your full name (middle name optional)?
2) What is your professional job title?
Freelance Writer & Professional Blogger
3) Describe your organization.
Self-employed Freelance Writer – best boss in the world!
4) Describe your surroundings right now.
Comfy couch, my feet on coffee table, snoozing dog next to me.
5) What was your first paid writing gig?
Parenting articles for a Baby Products Company
6) What was the last thing you wrote?
Christmas Gifts for Your Dog – for The Pet Supply Company
7) What is the next thing you plan to write?
A Christmas blog post. January – back to work on my book!
8) Finish this sentence: The ideal way to start my day is …
lots of hot coffee, black.
9) Besides your computer, what is sitting on your desk right now?
My desk is nice and clean because I don’t use it.
10) So-called writer’s block is no match for you! What is your antidote?
Browse the internet for ideas … to inspire me … not to copy!! :)
11) Finish this sentence: I hate it when I read …
the last page of a great book. I put it off by reading the last chapter extra slow.
12) What are the most important tools, programs and systems you use for your work?
My beloved MacBook! Comfy couch & understanding hubby.
13) First book that comes to mind? Go!
Gone with the Wind – my childhood favorite!
14) What are your favorite smartphone apps and why?
WORD, Dictionary, Spellcheck
15) What have you always wanted to write?
Beautiful words that empower weak believers.
16) What is your advice for aspiring professional writers?
Just keep swimming.
17) First famous writer who comes to mind? Go!
18) Finish this sentence: My favorite thing about being a writer is …
I learn what I think, when I read what I wrote.
19) Pencil versus pen—who wins and why?
Pen – because pencils feel wrong.
20) Finish this sentence: One word or phrase people will never read in my writing is …
You are not worthy.
Would you like to be featured in our “20 Questions and a Selfie” interview? If you’re a working, professional writer, we’d love to interview you. Click here to do your “20 Questions and a Selfie” now.
I want more stuff like this in my inbox.
An occasional email for writers, by writers, about writing.No Fields Found.
Latest posts by Our Staff (see all)
- Masterful Writing Advice from Stephen King (Infographic) - October 12, 2016
- 5 Keys to Crafting an Elevator Pitch - September 28, 2016
- Tips on Writing Better Villains (Video) - September 14, 2016